Selling your home is an exciting, nerve-wracking experience. Whether moving onto greener pastures of closer to your hometown, the reasons behind a house listing are as varied as can be. It’s important to keep your house as closing-ready as possible, and we’ve compiled these 7 steps to selling your home.
1. Reasons for Selling - Is the house too small? Too big? Too long of a commute? Why exactly are you listing the place? Do you need to be rid of it ASAP? The urgency of selling a home can affect its price, so keep in mind the reasons you’re moving.
2. Cost of Selling - Selling a house is difficult business; pricing is everything. Too little, and you’ll struggle to manage the costs of selling the place. After all, selling a home is expensive business, and short-changing yourself to keep the cost of a house low will come back to bite you in the end.
3. Price - Under-pricing your home may result in a loss for you, while over-pricing means few offers and a prolonged stay on the market. The longer a home is on the market, the lower the offers will become. Try to find the sweet spot!
4. Location - A better location, closer to workplaces and an urban center, might drive up the price of your home. If you live in an upscale area versus a rural one, odds are your home will be in higher demand.
5. Quality of the Home - Anything you can do to impact the condition of your property will help it sell more quickly. Cut the grass, maintain the exterior, paint the fence, etc.
6. Staging - Walking into an empty house doesn’t do much for buyers’ imaginations. Clean, paint, use furniture that’s modern and classy-looking to help your home look more appealing to others. A well-placed rug or sofa can work wonders on an empty room.
7. Accessibility - The closer you are to public transportation, parks, shopping malls, etc. will play a huge part in selling your home. While it’s more of a hit-or-miss, being closer to local landmarks and highways will only help your home sell.
There are quite a few things you can do to help your home sell more quickly and for a higher price. Keep these tips in mind while you prepare your home for the market!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding steps to selling your home or the Sheryl Deskin Team, please don’t hesitate to contact us.